Sunday, March 18, 2012

Success!!


Welp, I made the Chocolate Stout cupcakes with Irish Cream frosting that I mentioned below and everyone loved them! At least that's what they told me.. I even ate one myself and enjoyed it. My brother ate quite a few, but he is a 22 year old bodybuilder and he eats everything. My parents ate some and they said they were great, but of course they would say that. 


I brought a bunch of them to my boyfriend's house.. He just had hip surgery last Wednesday so I went there yesterday. This was the first time I met his family so I was really nervous. I'm a nervous person to begin with.. I get nervous about everything from saying "here!" when they call my name for attendance in class, to  ordering food from the pizza place. When I get nervous I tend to turn bright red. And I know I'm getting red, and become self-conscious about it and get even more nervous. Its a vicious cycle.  So this was a really big deal for me. Luckily, I had these cupcakes! 


His family loved them. More importantly, Matty loved them. He told me today that during dinner with his family today, his mother was talking about me the whole time.. She said I was really cute and really sweet and a really good baker. Lol. So i did a good job apparently. Oh and they loved that I made the frosting with Bailey's and I will "fit right in." 


I might just bake something every time I feel nervous about going somewhere or meeting people. This will trick people into thinking I'm a nice sweet girl!! Muhahahaha. 

1 comment:

  1. I love them...well, I love the look of them. I don't know how they taste because I didn't get one! It better be in the mail or I will be pissed!
    And you are cute when you are nervous! The pink cheeks are adorable!
    That whole part was funny, but I'm a bit confused....what is so stress inducing about ordering pizza?!!!!

    ReplyDelete